The Wellness Approach
LiveWell ADK is a new program designed to incorporate a variety of fun and healthy ideas. The goal: to encourage and promote a happy, healthy lifestyle for folks who live here in the heart of the beautiful Adirondacks! LiveWell ADK is owned and operated by people who live, work, play and truly appreciate all the wonderful opportunities and experiences that are available right in our own backyards.
Milestone: OVER 62,000 Pounds Lost!
Over a period of five years from 2008 through 2013 we have seen a combined weight loss of over 62,000 pounds! Read our 2012 press release to learn more.
Wellness is a state of optimal conditions for normal function... and then some
- The wellness approach begins with a search for underlying causes of any disturbance or disruption (which may be causing symptoms at the time).
- Make whatever interventions and lifestyle adjustments are necessary to optimize conditions for normal function, an environment that encourages natural healing, and minimizes the need for invasive treatment, requiring it only when absolutely necessary.
- When the body is working properly, it tends to heal effectively, no matter what the condition.
- When the body heals well and maintains itself effectively, there is another level of health that goes beyond "asymptomatic" or "pain-free", revealing an open-ended opportunity for vitality, vibrant health. This enhanced experience of life includes mental and emotional health in addition to physical health.
- Creating an atmosphere of mental and emotional wellness will address all but the most serious problems, even for those who suffer from psychological disorders.
Links and Additional Information
To learn more about Aspartame and how it effects your body read Dr. Janet Starr Hull's article and the detox program she developed.
Clothing Donations to Local Shelters
We're confident that when you participate with us on our wellness approach to weight loss that you will indeed lose weight. We anticipate that your current clothes will soon be too big for you! Don’t keep a “fat” section in your closet – instead, get rid of all the clothing items that no longer fit. LiveWell ADK /Gerber Family Chiropractic has partnered with some local charities who accept clothing. Bring your loose clothes in to us and we'll make a donation on your behalf to benefit those in the local area who are less fortunate.